Athletic Training Program, Clinical Education Coordinator
The department of Health, Exercise Science, and Secondary Education is seeking individuals interested in serving as a full-time, tenure-track clinical education coordinator in our Master’s level athletic training degree program. Typical teaching load is 10-12 credit hours per semester. Student advising, aid in new student recruitment, and typical service on committees within the department and university is expected.
Lee University’s Mission
Lee is a Christian institution which offers liberal arts and professional education on both the baccalaureate and graduate levels through residential and distance programs. We seek to provide education that integrates biblical truth as revealed in the Holy Scriptures with truth discovered through the study of arts and sciences and in the practice of various professions. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior is the controlling perspective from which our educational enterprise is carried out. The foundational purpose of all educational programs at Lee is to develop within the students knowledge, appreciation, understanding, ability and skills which will prepare them for responsible Christian living in a complex world.
The Clinical Education Coordinator will administrate all aspects of the clinical education component of CAATE Accredited Athletic Training Program. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- instruct didactic and practicum courses
- plan and implement preceptor training
- coordination and assessment of athletic training clinical education affiliated sites and student placements
- maintain documentation related to clinical sites, preceptors, and student clinical experiences
- arrange and oversee all clinical assignments and conduct regular and planned clinical site visits each semester
- assist the Program Director in the maintenance of the CAATE standards and file reports as required by the accreditor
- other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate degree, or highly qualified ABD will be considered
- Board of Certification Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing
- Eligible to obtain Tennessee Athletic Training Licensure
- Candidates must be able to support and promote the university’s mission
- Minimum of two years of collegiate-level teaching experience, preferably in an accredited graduate and/or undergraduate accredited athletic training program
- Clinical education experience as a clinical coordinator or preceptor in an accredited ATEP
- Record of high quality athletic training teaching
- Established independent research agenda and record of quality publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Record of student research mentoring
Lee is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. Candidates need to complete the Faculty Employment Application. Please submit all materials electronically to Dr. Taz Kicklighter at email@example.com. If you have questions please contact Dr. Kicklighter via email or call 423-614-8457.